Thursday, August 15, 2013

Android Smartphones Experience

Image




Since the time I first used the Samsung Ace Duos phone, I have become a major fan of Android platform. Apart from the initial hiccups thanks to my transition from Blackberry’s QWERTY keypad, Android became my friend in the first week itself. I kept exploring the phone each day just to realize how much I could do with it.

I could change my basic keypad, the default browser, could get in the features of some of the latest smartphones. I just needed to visit Google Play and, there my world of apps opened up its arms wide for me to carry back one experiential app with me.

But, are the new smartphones really living up the android experience that I am talking about. Well, actually the answer is no. With every new smartphone, there is a competition that comes alive. The competition is called differentiation. To differentiate, every new smartphone company is launching a new and varied version of the same application thus changing the whole android experience that was lovable at one point.
Image
Some have changed browsers, some the keypad and, some the messengers. Some have even changed the widgets.


The whole experience is spoiled thanks to these alterations that vendors have caused in the smartphones, thus making you wonder why you even thought of purchasing this phone. The user, after having purchased this new smartphone that is smarter than ever, is forced to cause alterations and bring in new apps that match his interest. This spoils the whole experience of owning an android phone. The whole idea of purchasing a smartphone, apart from the use, is for the experience.
Android was once known for its experience but, the clutter caused on this OS has really ruined it completely. There is no issue with Android in real sense. The whole issue is with this competition that has led to manufacturers thinking that they are actually changing and revamping the OS to match the fervor of people.
What they actually forget is that Android in its simple and original self is pretty good. Hope, in future, the smartphones are really manufactured, keeping this in mind. For me, I am too much in love with android and, think this is the best platform every created.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Top Page Up Page Down To Bottom Auto Scroll Stop Scroll